Church Services and Classes
Sunday Service - Our weekly corporate worship services are 8:30am and 11:00am.
Southside Bible Classes - Sunday Bible classes are held each Sunday morning and provide instruction seminars prior to corporate worship. They cover a variety of subjects on various levels of understanding to instruct people in God’s Word. These classes are offered Sunday at 9:45am.
January-March 24, 2013
- O.T. for You and Me: Understanding the Old Testament and God’s work through history—Most of the Bible is comprised of Old Testament Books, but many people are unfamiliar with them or what their value is. Pastor Jim will lead this 12 week class designed to give and overview of the Old Testament and its importance for today in the church.
- Colossians Study -- Throughout 2012 the Home Groups at Southside studied the book by Howard and William Hendricks, "Living by the Book, The Art and Science of Reading the Bible". We will take the principles we learned from this study and apply them as we study the book of Colossians. Teacher: John Clarke
- Membership Class—“Welcome to Southside – This is a 6 week new member class designed to orient those attending Southside regarding the biblical basis of its ministry, mission, and teaching prior to committing to membership.
- Tough Theological Topics: Vexing Questions about God You’ve Been Afraid to Ask -- Chuck Williams will lead this Q/A type class that will address those difficult and perplexing theological questions.
- Biblical Parenting-Part 2—This class is designed to give parents the biblical knowledge plus wisdom and understanding on how to breakdown the application of Scripture into a sensible and doable training program to nurture and develop our children. We encourage all parents to participate in this class even if you did not take the “Part One” class.
Titus 2 Women’s Ministry
New Women’s Bible Study!! “Designing a Lifestyle That Pleases God” is the new Bible study for women beginning Tuesday, January 8, 2013 through March 26th from 9:30-11:00AM in the worship center. (No session on January 22nd)
The study identifies biblical principles from Titus 2:3-5 to help develop Christian character and offers practical skill-building tips to help set your priorities according to the Lord’s values. Childcare is provided. Cost of the book is $11. Please pay at sign-up at the Ministry and Missions Board by December 30th. Leaders are Jan Venskytis, email@example.com and Pat Marcos, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Evening ladies Bible study, “Experiencing the Passion of Christ” by John MacArthur will be held at the church beginning January 15th at 7 PM facilitated by Cathy Pierce, email4Cathy@earthlink.net. Cost of book is $18 through the church or order at www.half.com. This 10 week study will finish March 19th and will make the Easter celebration come alive as you explore the hours leading up to the arrest, trial, crucifixion, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Deadline for sign-up is January 7th and payment for book is due at sign-up.